Please read this your child is under 6 years of age:
- Many children make hard wax. Therefore it is required that you place 2-3 drops of olive oil or softening drops in your child’s ears 3 days prior to their appointment (in cases of grommets of a hole in the ear drum please do not use olive oil, see special instructions)
- If the nurse can see no sign of this preparation, unfortunately your child won’t be able to have wax removal – you will be required to make another appointment at least three days ahead, unless otherwise stated.
- This preparation is vital as your child needs to stay still during the procedure. Most children will not sit still if their wax is rock hard, as the ear will be tender and uncomfortable – causing the child to become distressed.
- Placing drops in the ears will allow an effortless, efficient, and comfortable ear wax removal session.
You will need to visit your GP and request medicated drops to put in your child’s ears if they have
- Ventilation tubes (Grommets)
- Perforation (hole in ear drum)
- Suspected Ear Infection
Children from 2 years old are eligible to visit us for wax removal.