Please read this if your child is under 6 years of age:
- Many children make hard wax. Therefore, it is required that you place 2-3 drops of olive oil or softening drops in your child’s ears 3 days prior to their appointment (in cases of grommets of a hole in the ear drum please do not use olive oil, see special instructions)
- Unfortunately if the nurse can see no sign of this preparation, your child won’t be able to have wax removal and you will be required to make another appointment at least three days after, unless stated otherwise.
- This preparation is vital as your child needs to stay still during the procedure. Most children will not sit still if their wax is rock hard, as the ear will be tender and uncomfortable – causing the child to become distressed.
- Placing drops in the ears will allows for an effortless, efficient, and comfortable ear wax removal procedure
You will need to visit your GP and request medicated drops to put in your child’s ears if they have:
- Ventilation tubes (Grommets)
- Perforation (hole in ear drum)
- Suspected Ear Infection
Children from 2 years old are eligible to visit us for ear wax removal