With a client’s permission, tax invoices can be sent electronically to the email address supplied on your comprehensive assessment form or printed in hard copy upon request.
We understand it may be hard to juggle our busy lives and plans change. If they do, please call or email the clinic to inform our staff – we generally have a waiting list for patients with urgent matters, as a courtesy to them and our staff, a call to change, postpone or cancel an appointment is much appreciated.
Please note: Clients who do not arrive to their appointment or cancel within short notice of their appointment (3 hours or less) may be charged a $60 cancellation fee. People who fail to attend more than twice will not be re-booked.
Saturday appointments: if you cannot attend your Saturday appointment, please contact us before 3pm on the Friday (day before your appointment) otherwise you will be charged a $60 late cancellation fee. Failure to attend your appointment will incur this charge also.
The cancellation fee is to be paid before booking a new appointment should the client wish to re-book.
Site Usage Policy
Ear Cleaning Clinic conserves this website for your information, education and communication. Ear Cleaning Clinic obtains no responsibility for violations of the intellectual property of other parties using this website. Your access and use of this site is also subject to the Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this site, you accept, without limitation or qualification the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement between you and Ear Cleaning Clinic with regard to the subject matter hereof are superseded and of no force or effect.
This website may contain links to other websites or images. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not reprise sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that earcleaningclinic.com.au is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
All other images, trademarks, articles, publications, websites, product names, company names or logos cited herein are the legal and intellectual property of their respective owners. Note: Photos of individuals used throughout the site, are used with permission of the individuals or are not actual clients of Ear Cleaning Clinic.
Change in terms and conditions
Confidential Storage of Client Information
- Ear Cleaning Clinic abides by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
- Ear Cleaning Clinic is pledged by the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 and other relevant laws regarding private health service providers handling personal information of clients or patients. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws which govern how Ear Cleaning Clinic uses, collects, discloses, and stores your personal information.
b. This Privacy Statement sets out in brief how Ear Cleaning Clinic will handle your personal information. Ear Cleaning collects your personal information in order to provide you with safe and effective health care service. This is required for the professional and legal needs of the nurse. We may also use your personal information to communicate with you –say you may have enquires, send you a tax invoice, send your General Practitioner a letter if required (with your consent), and identify you when you re-visit our clinic.
c. Personal information may be shared between Ear Cleaning clinic facilities or staff to coordinate your care. Ear Cleaning Clinic have adopted the highest privacy compliance standards relevant to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data while in our possession or control. We will not use or disclose your personal information to any other persons or organisations unless: you have consented, or we are permitted or required to do so by law. You have the right to make an alteration request regarding your personal details in your health record with Ear Cleaning Clinic. This ensures your details remain current and the information remains accurate.
- Storage of Written Information
- Client comprehensive assessment and informed consent form will be scanned into the appropriate digital clinical file for maximum security and accuracy – this is password protected. Reception employees and clinicians are the only personnel with access to patient files and will only access these when necessary.
- In addition to storing the client comprehensive assessment and informed consent form in the clinical system, Ear Cleaning Clinic reception staff will also stow the scanned copy as a PDF document in the clinical computer which is secure, and password protected. This ensures Ear Cleaning Clinic can retain a duplicate document of your initial details in the case the original file may be damaged.
- Ear Cleaning Clinic will store client comprehensive assessment and informed consent form in a securely locked and confidential condition which where only those who are employed by Ear Cleaning Clinic know the location of and have access to.
- In the case of ownership alteration, the information stored will be withdrawn and securely handed over accordingly.
- Staff and Employees of Ear Cleaning Clinic and Patient Confidentiality Agreement
- Employees and all staff of Ear Cleaning Clinic have pledged and agreed to the Information Privacy Act 2009 (QLD) in their employment contract/s.
- A Parent, Caregiver, or Power of Attorney who may supply information on the comprehensive assessment form for individuals who are deemed minors or intellectually disabled will be eligible to extract information regarding the patient without the patient’s consent (as it is not deemed valid). Ear Cleaning Clinic staff will confirm the confidentiality release by asking security question. If the Next Of Kin or Power Of Attorney is not listed as the individual who completed and signed the comprehensive assessment form, information regarding the patient will not be revealed.
- If consented by the patient, the information may be disclosed with their health professional if deemed necessary. A health professional may include a: General Practitioner, Specialist, Audiologist or any other health professional that the patient may visit to examine or observe to aid in solving an ear-related issue.
- Ear Cleaning Clinic staff will not disclose client information including first name, surname, birth dates, addresses, and client notes to another client or next of kin unless authorised and consented verbally or in writing by the patient themselves to do so.
- If consented by the patient, client information may be disclosed with the next of kin stated on form – Ear Cleaning Clinic reception or practitioner staff will confirm the confidentiality release by asking security questions such as the client’s date of birth and address. If the Next of Kin is not listed, Ear Cleaning Clinic reception and nursing staff are prohibited by law to disclose any information regarding the client.